Friday 24 May 2013

Cliche down?

They always tell you to live life to the fullest
Like there's no tomorrow
Because you only live once
And you're young, and meant to make mistakes.

They say that you should take chances
That you should spread your wings and fly
That you should reach for the stars
Because life is fleeting and precious and you don't want to regret anything.

Maybe they're right
Maybe we take for granted our time here
Maybe we are too self-conscious, too thrifty, too blind
To the amazing world in front of us.

But maybe I like to fret over the small things sometimes.
Maybe I worry and scrimp and save and keep caution close
Because my life and the people in it matter
Maybe I play by my own rules.

I say it's okay to get tied up in knots
If you know how to loosen them now and again.
I say I will care for you and respect you and be honest and maybe even love you
Because you matter more to me than they do.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment