Tuesday 26 March 2013

a letter from a woman you loved

Dear _______
Dear friend
Dear lover
Dear broken heart

Do you remember when we carved our names
into the bridge across the soft stream?
When we laughed and sighed
and skipped from beam to beam?
When I counted plucked petals
and watched you catch a drip rolling from your ice cream?
When you chased me in the park
and I let loose a childish, joyous scream?

Do you remember when I tripped and fell
And hated that you weren't there to catch me?
When I wandered onto my own way
Unknowingly into a forest of rusty debris?
When you called to ask if I was fine
And I only had the guts to say "Well it would be..."
When I let you go
And you felt like a body on a gurney

Do you remember how we held hands
Yesterday, on the dock facing the boats?
And we recounted the days past
Writing love note after love note?
When I could tell you how much I loved you
Making all your insides seem to float?
When our world was so real
And everything else was remote?




I do too.



Sincerely,

a woman you loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment